Conference: Waste management in mining industry
Date: March 17–18, 2021
The conference’s agenda will focus on vital issues related to the mining waste industry. One of them: prospects for the development of laws regulating the sphere of waste management of mining industries. You will participate in discussions with representatives of Russia’s state authorities about the possibility of transferring most of the subsurface waste to the status of valuable materials. Representatives of mining and processing companies are expected to share their experience of working with waste within the framework of current legislation.
The highlight of the conference is the use of waste from subsurface users and mining and metallurgical companies as secondary raw materials. Namely, will the fee for the negative impact on the environment for waste from which the extraction of minerals and useful components is carried out be reset to zero? What measures should be taken to increase the volume and market of secondary products and raw materials?
Much attention is planned to be paid to the environmental aspects of waste management in the mining industry: the problems of using waste for land reclamation, the hazard class of waste, fines, sanctions, tax benefits and much more.
Among key topics on the agenda of the conference are:
• Waste or product? Regulation of the waste use from mining and metallurgical industry and the possibility of involving them in recycling.
• Environmental issues of mining production and problems of land reclamation using mining waste.
• Tax regulation and economic stimulation in mining waste use activity
• Issues of marketing of raw materials and products from waste of the mining and metallurgical industry. What needs to be done to increase the volume of waste recycling?
• Development of technologies for processing secondary resources of the mining and metallurgical industry. Promising areas and their use in Russia and abroad.
The event brings together more than 100 experts of mining and processing enterprises of Russia and the CIS, government officials, industry regulatory and supervisory authorities, developers, manufacturers and suppliers of equipment and technologies, engineering and design and construction institutes, legal and consulting companies.
Among regular participants are: Russia’s Natural Resources ministry, the Finance ministry, Rosgeolexpertiza, Rosnedra, Rosprirodnadzor, Rostechnadzor, Rosgeologia, RSPP, State Commission on Mineral Reserves, RUSAL, Zapadnaya-Klyuchi mine, METALLOINVEST, ALROSA, Russian Platinum, Russdragmet, SUEK, Stoilensky GOK, UK "Petropavlovsk», Uralkali, Severstal, Polyus Gold, NPO IRION, Gold Projects, Aldanzoloto, Almazy Anabara, Archangelskgeoldobycha, Baikal Mining Company, Vasilevsky Mine, Vysokiy, Irgiredmet, Lebedinsky GOK, Buribaevsky GOK, Evraz, Yakovlevsky GOK and many others.